Making use of the collaborative research between neuroscience and psychotherapy, has brought about 100% potential for experiential change through putting natural brain plasticity to work FOR rather than against our patients, thereby revolutionising clinical practice in psychotherapy.
The CBT for Tinnitus E-Programme brings these cutting edge practices to anyone suffering because of tinnitus.
Debbie Featherstone MSc
Hearing Therapist, Psychotherapist & CBT Specialist in Tinnitus
CBT for Tinnitus E-Programme
How much change can be expected?
Outcomes are consistent, reliable and now this process has been used for two years, have proven to be sustainable:
Tinnitus Functional Index (TFI) Category changes following completion of the 12 stage CBT for Tinnitus E-Programme
Average change by TFI value:
- Cat 5 pre-course: 84.9% > 29.9% (Cat 2 post-course)
- Cat 4 pre-course: 64.8% > 20.8% (Cat 2 post-course)
- Cat 3 pre-course: 45.6% > 19.0% (Cat 2 post course)
Figures published 22 May 2022
How it does it:
- CBT4T (the new name for the CBT for Tinnitus E-Programme from October 2023) is a neuroscience-informed CBT process for severe and very severe stress and/or anxiety experienced because of tinnitus
- The Neuroscience & CBT Protocol developed for CBT4T enables the user to separate having tinnitus from being distressed by tinnitus
- There is a reason for everything used in the course being not only what it is but where it is in the process
- The protocol combines polyvagal informed neuro-psychotherapy and associated neuroscience, behavioural and cognitive therapy with a focus on 3rd wave CBT
- The cognitive therapy used enables psychological flexibility, developing and deepening a recovery-oriented perspective. This is wholly different to 2nd wave CBT that is problem-oriented and thought-focused
What it does for you:
- When tinnitus bothers you for 15 minutes every day, spend 15 minutes every day DOING something about it two and a half minutes at a time
- The average user starts out stating tinnitus bothers them 80% or more of their time awake
- The average user finishes the course stating tinnitus bothers them 10% or less of their time awake
- The neuroscience-informed CBT process was specifically developed for you when you have tinnitus that is severe and very severe (a TFI over 54%) - you go as far in to the course as you need, at your own pace
- The programme combines one-to-one individual support (using Zoom, email, interactive logs and bespoke tools) with Internet-based Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (iCBT)
- Completing the process as it is presented, users of CBT4T reach at least TFI category 2 (tinnitus is a small problem), including those starting with a TFI category 5 (tinnitus is a very big problem)
If Tinnitus UK put you in touch with us to enrol on CBT4T, you can earn Tinnitus UK 15% and 5% for yourself even as a non-member. Use the discount code SUPPORT4TINNITUSUK at the checkout for 5% off the cost of your enrolment. Be sure to use it during the checkout process as the 5% discount cannot be paid retrospectively or refunded.